Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July and the new resident

Happy 4th of July!

This is Sun, the new resident. He arrived just after a big afternoon thunderstorm yesterday. He arrived safe and sound. He is 3 years old, his mom lives locally and so far so good.

Java seemed to stare across the aisle at Sun when he arrived, and looked at me like "really, you got me a buddy, really?! Thanks mom.".


Then she decided to go on with her business, and not care. Wow, I love her.




And Sun was thrilled with the open windows. He did a lot of this:


And now they are outside, in separate paddocks for now and both are being great. Java is like the level headed steady one (first time ever) and Sun alternates between grazing, running and rolling. He's having a great first day.


Here is Java and Sun in the background. I have not gotten a decent picture of him out in the paddock yet, but soon enough I will.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What horse wouldn't want to be at your barn? Sun looks very pretty and we hope to see more pictures of him soon.

ChicagoGrrrl said...

I just fantasize that your barn is my barn