Friday, May 1, 2009

Fun and Games

Fun and games here on the farm.

Java is busy keeping an eye on everyone lately (spring fever). She loves her buddies Maggie and Danny. All of the horses are very happy, this is down right great and makes me smile and wander through the day with a little happy glow.

















Danny sans fly mask. He does not really love the mask.





















Maggie with full gear on. She loves her fly mask and so far thinks Java's old fly sheet is great. It gives her peace of mind to that she does not have a lot of bugs around her. She likes things nice and quiet, with food.

















We have a strong demand for our semi-composted manure right now, and are loading up friends and neighbors a few nights each week.

Mr. Java's Mom on the John Deere 2305 with Mackie supervising. Not sure why Mr. Java's Mom's mouth is open in this picture...













On the way to the manure pile... The ferns are starting to come up along the fern path.




And, my ultimate action packed photo. A lot of other bloggers have really crisp photos, talk about their photos, lenses, blah blah blah. You know what? Unless all that stuff is free, I'll stick with the camera I've got and make the most of it for now. Yes, I have a little bit of yankee stubbornness in me. I go to other blogs for awesome pictures and try my best here. This one captured the typical late afternoon scene at the barn. The horses have had their dinner, Mr. Java's Mom and I are out talking about the next project, and the dogs are amusing themselves... and the horses.

4 comments:

Cedar View Paint Horses said...

Flying Mop With Stick.

Love it!

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

The Fern path is lovely - looks so pretty and peaceful. I like the last picture as well, the horses watching the dogs.

I don't use a fancy camera or attempt to set up my pictures in any way either, nor do I edit my pictures with a program. Quite frankly I don't have the time! I do realize that does show in the quality of my pictures but I don't really care . . .

Amber Mac said...

Thanks for the info on the masks! We haven't yet entered fly season yet in MN, but the ladybugs in our house are terrible! Oh, and when I take pictures, I just use a plain old Cannon camera that I got for Christmas 2 years ago. I really don't need to take many pics, though, because for one I don't have my own horse yet (sigh) and two, my friend's mom is a pro photographer! thanks for the post!

Java's Mom said...

news flash: mr java's mom is not pleased with my narration of his photo. He has assured me that his mouth is open because he is imitating me. I think he was safer with my narration, but at least we all get an idea of what REALLY goes on here at Java's Barn...