Sunday, September 14, 2008
No barn progress over the weekend, so you get photos of dirt. We made a lot of progress with one of the new paddocks. Using the John Deere 2305 and it's handy attachments and Jeremy's tractor driving talent in prime shape this weekend we cleared out roots and rocks, graded the soil, added mulch (wet, heavy, exhausting) then seeded. Seeding was like spreading fairy dust over dirt and mulch, and hoping that grass grows, please!! Then we spread some hay over the seed where we did not mulch. Oh, then we spread some new wood chips in path areas. We laid out rope and blocks to keep the carpenter off the grass that is spared so far, the carpenter seems to like to drive on the grass(!!). We're only about 2 weeks away from Java coming home, we are so excited!