Wednesday, January 28, 2009

weather oops


Me: Wow, we don't have ice here. I've been riding at least 5 days a week, the horses spend all day out and have had fluffy snow to roll in.


Me Now: Not anymore.


It's raining cats and dogs, on the snow. Holywet. In just amount of time it took to go up and back to the barn I got soaked clear through my John Deere hat and through to my long johns! (gotta have those up here in CT). There is too much snow to go away/melt, and it's too cold to melt, but just warm enough to rain. Hmpf. Tomorrow we'll have that ice we've escaped so far. It's crazy wet out. The snow is so heavy and deep it's even difficult to walk in! Mr. Java's Mom took a look at me after I went out to the barn to check on the horses and said, wow, look at you (wet) you need some rain gear! yes, but no, I hope this only happens about once a year, max.


Still love it all here at the farm/barn/house though, snow, sun, rain and ice. This photos is not from today, the camera would die in this rain. I'll see what I can do for you tomorrow for a nice picture. :)

No comments: