Thursday, November 20, 2008

what the???






SO, what the heck is up?



No posts lately.



Somethings wrong with my www link and you have to go directly to the blogspot address?









Well, I've been busy. And, distracted.



The animals are great. OK, that's the short version of that topic.



Leaf clean up (some)



It got really cold. 20s at night at LOW 30s during the day.



Work has picked up (yes, I work, sometimes).



We're looking for a 3rd boarder to join our paradise. We can't let me get bored! Let's add to the mix! And, I did not even mention the dogs that might come live with us in addition to Mackie. Oh, I just did mention it, whatever...






And, I found a new forum. It is awesome, and so funny that I got an asthma attack from laughing so hard at a thread about stupid things you have done around the farm. They are all horse people of different disciplines across the world. Common denominators of self inflicted pain from farm work were: tractor, ice and electric fencing. It's the Chronicle of the Horse Forum. I'd link to it, but I know you won't go there. They have mostly serious topics, but it's a great resource, and at times very entertaining.






Oh, yep, it's cold here, speaking of ice. Did you know that picking frozen manure out of the field is SO much easier because it all clumps together so you don't have to chase down individual nuggets!? There is an advantage to 20 degrees!!






The barn is keeping the gang happy at night though. No frozen buckets inside, not even a sheen of ice, and happy sleeping horses.






Farm life rocks.






Barn in the cold:









Java's eating:






Creme with his best angelic look wondering what the heck I'm doing (taking his picture of course).









2 comments:

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

I just found your blog from the dashboard of my blog. Loved scrolling through the old posts and watching your fabulous little barn being built. It is absolutely perfect and wonderfully picturesque. Java is one lucky horse!

Anonymous said...

i miss the blog! i still check every day, but maybe you haven't posted more because it's not as easy to get to?